Sunday 27 January 2013

St Katherine's


“St Katherine’s is all about friendship, family and food.  St Katherine is the patron saint of Shane’s family home of Zejten in Malta and the church that George was baptized in.  The selection our team has put together specializes in Greek, Maltese and Turkish beverages to compliment your dining experience.  Our friendly staff would be please to assist you with any questions you may have.
Saha and Kali orexi.”

This week I dined at St Kat’s as a part of a prize that I was fortunate to win at the Problogger Conference (#PBEVENT) that I attended in October last year.  To spend a day with Shane Delia was my lucky prize.  The opening paragraph is what you read, in three languages, when you open the beverage list at St Katherine’s in Kew, owned by Shane Delia and George Calombaris. 

Dining at St Katherine’s was a real treat and an experience I loved.  Upon arrival the team make you feel extremely comfortable.  I was greeted with “Welcome to St Katherine’s, your table is this way”.  Not only was I impressed but also I felt like they knew me.  They of course didn’t as I noted that the staff greeted all of the customers with the same enthusiasm that they greeted me with, like a friend.

Second Course
First Course















St Kat’s is best described as a contemporary modern day bistro with European influences that will suit the entire family. The setting is bright, light, airy and relaxed with the upmost professionalism at all times from the dedicated team.


I was treated to the ‘”When mum feeds me” shared lunch ($40 per person Monday – Friday).  The kitchen brigade created a menu around what was best in the kitchen that day.  This three-course spread of the best on offer that day was incredible.  Every dish was a creation of flavor and passion.  It was filling and very satisfying.

Third Course

Along with the various shared menus St Kat’s also provide al a carte dining and any dietary requirements are well taken care of.  They welcome celebrations as well as more private and intimate dining.

St Kat’s is simply fabulous – you must go there.  There is no way you won’t love it!

St Katherine’s
26 Cotham Road, Kew, Victoria.
(03) 92007 7477

Open
Monday – Friday 12noon – 4pm & 5.30 – 11pm.
Weekends – 11.30am – 4pm & 5.30-11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment