Sunday 2 June 2013

Quick Apple Crumble


It’s been a while since I have shared a recipe with you.  With winter now upon us, and the days now seeming shorter because there is less sunlight, there’s a sense that we have fewer hours in the day.  So I am going to arm you with a ‘quick and easy’ wintery dessert that my Mum shared with me over the weekend whilst she came to visit.

I love it when my Mum comes to visit. The house seems so much more enriched after she has been.  The purpose of her visit was for my son – he had ‘Grandparents Day’ at school.  He was so excited to have three of his five Grandparents in attendance.  He was proud to show them what he has learnt at school so far and honoured to introduce them to his little schoolmates.

Over the few days that Mum was here we frequented some restaurants and cafes, many of my local haunts so to speak.  I took her to my favourite coffee and breakfast place, a couple of my best lunch and dinner venues.  We ate out a lot. We never tired of that.

Even with all of that dining out, there was still time to do some cooking at home and learn about this ‘quick and easy’ apple crumble.  It’s certainly a winter warmer dessert and the kids LOVED it. Mum said she got the recipe from her Beauty Therapist.  The things you talk about at the nails table...

QUICK & EASY APPLE CRUMBLE














What you need:

1 x 800 gram can of pie apple
1 x packet of vanilla cake mix
1 x cup of shredded coconut
150 grams of butter

What you do:

In a medium size greased baking dish spread the pie apple across the bottom of the dish.  Spread the cake mix over the top of the apples. Then spread the coconut over the top of the cake mix.  Finish with dollops of butter over the top of the coconut.

Bake in moderate oven until set and the topping is golden brown.

Serve warm with cream, ice cream or custard.

Enjoy and keep warm friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment