Saturday 29 September 2012

'Love Food' - Mouthwatering Almond Cake


On my travels recently I met Sydney based nutritionist, Claudia Calisto.  Claudia has just released her first of a series of cookbooks titled ‘Love Food’.  Her philosophy is to keep food simple, clean, natural and delicious.  In her books her mission is to show people how to nourish themselves with foods that are simple to prepare without adding unnecessary processed ingredients.

Claudia also has her own Medispa in inner Sydney where she specializes in assisting people with common aliments such as weight loss, fertility and diabetes.  Additionally she presents healthy cooking and eating seminars as well as cooking demonstrations and classes.

Claudia generously gave me a copy of her book and I have worked my way though the recipes – enjoying every moment of it.  One recipe that I particularly loved I would like to share with you.  It is a cake that is so easy to make, so yummy to eat and could even be good for you!  It’s also dairy free and keeps really well in an airtight container.  Heavenly right?!

Mouthwatering Almond Cake




















What you need;

500 grams almond meal
150 grams rapadurra sugar or dark brown sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100 grams chopped nuts - either pine nuts, walnuts or macadamia nuts.  (I used walnuts)

What you do;

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a wooden spoon, then add sugar, almond meal, baking powder and vanilla essence.  Mix thoroughly.

Line a non-stick cake tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture and sprinkle with chopped nuts.

Reduce oven temperature to 150 degrees and bake for 30 – 45 minutes.  Test with skewer to check if cooked.

Let the cake cool, and then turn out of the tin and onto a plate.  Serve with seasonal fresh fruits and kefir.  Makes ten slices.

AMAZINGLY YUMMY!  Enjoy friends.


For more information about Claudia or a copy of the book ‘Love Food’ –
Phone – 0425 297393


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely simple recipe (the best sort!)I am a recent convert to Almond Meal. I am adding this recipe to my list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete